The Institute of Financial Management and Justice Equipment (IGFEJ) is the coordinating entity of the Justice Budget Program.
In this capacity:
- It monitors and controls the budget execution of the Justice Budget Program, in accordance with the requirements arising from the relation between the General Directorate of Budget and the various bodies of the Ministry of Justice.
- It defines, in collaboration with the guardianship, the main objectives for the budget program considered relevant and representative of its activity, taking into account the political measures to be implemented in the area of Justice.
The decree-laws for the execution of the State Budget define the competences and duties of the coordinators of the budget programs.
In 2017, the implementing decree-law assigns PO008 to IGFEJ, which, according with its capacity of coordinating the budget program, is responsible for:
- In case there are significant risks in the budget execution, IGFEJ must present, in a first stage, information containing the strategy to eliminate the risks, which must always avoid resorting to reinforcement through provisional appropriation;
- IGFEJ has the duty to collaborate with the Ministry of Finance, in order to implement program budgeting and defining the multi-annual budget programming framework;
- IGFEJ proceeds, until the second working day after the notification of DGO, to the distribution of the limit of available funds of the budget program by the entities of the respective budget program;
- IGFEJ proceeds monthly, up to the tenth business day, to the validation of the available funds, provided for in article 5 of Decree-Law 127/2012, of 21st June, amended and republished by Decree-Law 99/2015, of 2nd June, reported by itself.
Government Bodies that are part of PO0008 in 2017
Centre for Judicial Studies
Commission for the Protection of Victims of Crime
General Directorate for the Administration of Justice
General Directorate for Justice Policy
General Directorate for Justice Policies
General Directorate of Reinsertion and Prison Polices
Minister of Justice’s Office
Secretary of State Assistant and of Justice Office
Secretary of State of Justice Office
General Inspectorate of Justice Services
Institute of Registries and Notary
Public Prosecution Service
Public Prosecution Service at the Administrative and Tax Courts
Portuguese Criminal Police
Prosecutor’s General Office
General Secretary of the Ministry of Justice
Northern Central Administrative Court
Southern Central Administrative Court
Coimbra Court of Appeal
Évora Court of Appeal
Guimarães Court of Appeal
Lisbon Court of Appeal
Porto Court of Appeal
Autonomous Services and Funds
Commission for the monitoring of Court Auxiliaries
Fund for the Modernization of Justice
Institute of Financial Management and Equipments of Justice
Portuguese Institute of Industrial Property
Portuguese Institute of Medical-Legal and Forensic Offices
Information to be provided by SI, SFA and ECPOJ
Entities that constitute PO008 must report monthly/quarterly to the Coordinating Entity:
- the budget modifications made;
- late payments;
- manpower control;
- quarterly execution reports (SFAS);
- other reports deemed necessary for monitoring the budget execution of the bodies and services of the Ministry of Justice.
As the Justice Program Budget Coordinating Entity, IGFEJ issues previously approved guidelines, with instructions on relevant matters in the budget execution of the bodies of the Ministry of Justice that are included in the Budget Program.
Approval of Multiannual Charges – Orientation no. 1 (Portuguese Only)